Saturday 11 January 2014

011 - Final Frame Up

Day 11 - A few days ago I posted some gridded photo collages I made from my son Alex's Instagram shots. I got them printed up nicely using InDesign.  The next part of the plan was to get them framed, but when I went to a framing shop the price I got quoted was outrageously expensive - about $600 for four frames! So today I went to a wholesale frame retailer and bought the frame kits and the custom mats and and framed them myself. The finished products look amazing!



It really pays to shop around and if you can do some of the work yourself it saves a lot of money. The final price for all four frames was less than a third of the original quote, but I also really enjoyed cutting, assembling and finishing the frames myself. I'm not sure what you see as the creative act here... making these lovely framed prints, or making sure that I didn't get ripped off!

The image above was created automatically from a series of photos by Google+'s AutoAwesome feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment