Saturday 18 January 2014

018 - Fun in the Sun

Day 18. With the very hot weather that we're experiencing in Sydney at the moment we decided to head down to Boat Harbour at Cronulla for a morning swim. It was a beautiful summer day, and the nice thing about Boat Harbour is that you can drive right onto the sand if you have an AWD vehicle.

While we were there I took the GoPro out and shot some fun footage, then edited it later back at home using Final Cut Pro X. Nothing too fancy, I'm just trying to get my head around the workflows in Final Cut.  So this is my creative project for today.



PS: To my Canadian friends who are suffering through yet another Arctic blast at the moment, if you think I'm making these videos in a shameless and transparent attempt to get you to come and visit us down under, you're absolutely correct. :-)  What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. I like at the beginning how stable your footage from the car is and I like how you've timed your transistions with the music! I like how the feeling of movement comes as you run into the water at 0:21 and 0:36.
    Ooh and its a bit naughty too! You've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Fiona, I'm glad you like it. I like messing about with video. I think I have decent video editing skills, certainly enough to know my way around an edit, but I need to set my self a much bigger video goal and produce something that is a bit more ambitious. I want to come up with a short film that I could enter in Tropfest or something like that.

    But thanks for your feedback on this little fun one!

    ReplyDelete