Monday 30 June 2014

181 - Better, Stronger, Faster

Day 181. Ever since Optus upgraded our old cable modem to the latest Docsis 3 model, I've been really disappointed with the performance of the wifi in our house. The modem, a Netgear CG3000, left us with dead spots and generally poor performance at the back of the house. After a conversation with my very knowledgable friend Allan, he gave me some suggestions for using the modem in bridge mode, turning off it's built in wifi, and instead using a higher end wifi router instead. He recommended the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk, a really kickass high performance router that has every feature imaginable in a router.

So today's create is the creation of a much better, stronger, faster wifi experience at home. While I was it I relocated the gear, rerouted some Ethernet cables and so on. Not your typical create, but creating better wifi is a pretty big deal in our house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment