Wednesday 25 June 2014

176 - Have More Questions

Day 176. Another blackout poem, this time ironically from the source of blackout poems... I was not aware of Austin Kleon when I created my first piece if blackout poetry, but Kleon is the guy who came up with the idea (or at least wrote a book about it).

This time I used a piece of writing out of his book called Show Your Work, a book about creativity which I highly recommend. I took a screenshot of a page from the Kindle editin of that ebook, imported it into Notability, blacked out some words to leave a poem, then screenshotted the result, keeping the entire process digital.

The finished poem reads like this...

 

If you're good, ask yourself why.

Maybe you're supposed to have more questions

When you start.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment