Sunday 15 June 2014

166 - Hello World

Day 166. This is more like the start of a create than a create itself, since what I created is not really functional or useful yet. But today I downloaded the Android Software Developers Kit from the Google Developers site and installed it. I used to be a member of the Apple Developer Program, but it expired and rather than spend $99 I thought I'd move over to see what I could do using Eclipse on the Android side of things.

Learning to program is not easy and there is lots of stuff to figure out, but I spent a good few hours this morning dabbling with code and working through the SDK tutorials. Still a l-o-n-g way to go before I make anything worthwhile - right now all I have is an app on my Nexus 5 that lets me type in some text and a button that doesn't yet do anything - but it's a start. You might not think this is a creative thing, but I don't care. My brain still hurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment