Sunday 8 June 2014

159 - Marsupial

Day 159. Today's create has been appsmashed together in a way I haven't tried before. First, I created a 3D model of a creature, based loosely on a kangaroo, in Autodesk's incredible 123D Creature app for the iPad. Unfortunately this app cannot export the finished creature as a complete video clip so it's hard to appreciate the 3D nature of the model in still images.

To get around this problem, once it was constructed, modelled and lit, I then exported a series of images of the model in slightly different positions to the Camera Roll. These were then imported into an app called 5 Second GIF, which the App Store assured me could turn a series of still images into an animation. Sure enough, this was the final result. I think it works pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment