Friday 7 March 2014

066 - Textual Archaeology

Day 66. After yesterday's daily create was crossposted to Google+ it received a comment from +Neil Boyd that referred me to the work of an artist named Tom Philips. In his comment, Neil also used the term "palimpsest", which I had never come across before. Being the curious person that I am, I looked up the term and was fascinated by it. You can read the Wikipedia article if you want to learn more, but it inspired today's daily create.

This was made on an iPad mini using the Notability app and a Jot Script stylus, then exported to the camera roll and applying the Noir filter. The text comes from the Wikipedia article about Palimpsests, which is published under a Creative Commons BY-SA licence.


Thanks for expanding my vocabulary Neil!

No comments:

Post a Comment