Saturday 25 January 2014

025 - An Edible Creation

Day 25. I try to share the cooking in our house, so I hadn't really planned to include the preparation of meals as a daily create project, but then I thought why not, at least occasionally? Cooking a meal can be creative pursuit as well, surely.  So even though I had a recipe, I did make a few on-the-fly changes to it, so I'm happy to count this as a creative thing. :-)

I must admit that I do enjoy the creativity involved in making a meal... the chopping, mixing, tasting, cooking, etc. Oh, and it was rather delicious too!














What do you think, is it ok to count cooking as the occasional daily create?

4 comments:

  1. Definitely! I love cooking and I feel that it is one of my most creative pursuits. I never completely follow a recipe and always make changes according to my own tastes. I also make things up from scratch all of the time. Your meal looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW What do you have on top of the steaks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called a Pistou, which I'd never heard of but is a lot like a Pesto so I assume they are gastronomically and linguistically related somehow.

      Take about a 1/3 of a cup of dill, a 1/3 of a cup of chopped spring onions, 1/2 a cup of shelled macadamia nuts, add some extra virgin olive oil, a dash of sesame oil, a splash of lemon juice and hit it with the blender for a few seconds to make a nice chunky paste. It was good. :-)

      Delete
    2. PS: the steaks are actually salmon fillets. If you're interested I trying it out, the recipe is linked in the original post. It doesn't mention the sesame oil or lemon juice, but I recommend adding them. ;-)

      Delete