Tuesday 14 January 2014

014 - Bathing the Dog

Day 14. Two weeks down, 50 to go! Today's Create is a short video I made as I bathed our dog Buzz. I set up a GoPro camera at the end of the tub and shot the whole 10 minute was cycle. The footage was dropped into Final Cut Pro and edited into short chunks to reduce it to 4'30". I also used Adobe Media Encoder to recompress the video before uploading to YouTube (Took it from 235MB to 45MB, so worth doing!)



Short of jumping out of planes or skiing down huge mountains, what other things would be interesting to shoot on the GoPro?

5 comments:

  1. Chris,
    Love your blog!
    I am very impressive with all your creative ideas! Go Pros are fun but I think there is a skill to the editing! You have such a beautiful dog and Buzz was a perfect model! You asked for interesting things to shoot with a go pro, so here are my suggestions!

    Snorkeling
    Going Through a Museum with a Go Pro
    Going on a water slide - might be too much churn and bubbles!
    Bodysurfing ? Surfing ?
    Going through a Car Wash ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, for what it's worth, I've tried to use the GoPro while snorkelling... here was my first attempt....

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kam0AupkyQk

      Delete
  2. Thanks Fiona! Yeah, it all comes down to editing... I didn't really put a lot of time into this edit, but you're right, that's the real work of making a video. I heard today that, as a rough guide, every 30 minutes of video takes about 8 hours of editing. I think that's probably quite conservative.

    I like your ideas... I'm going to the beach tomorrow so I might give the body surfing one a go! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fiona, check out Daily Create 018... I used your suggestion of using the goPro while bodysurfing (It worked well, except for that whole pesky no-waves thing) Still, it was a fun video to make.

    ReplyDelete